The Israeli Defense minister announced on Monday that they have imposed a complete siege on Gaza. Hamas launched over 2000 rockets to Israel, simultaneously infiltrating Israel by land, sea and water in a surprise attack on Saturday dawn.
Media reports indicate that over 700 people have died so far, among them tens of soldiers. An unknown number of hostages, including soldiers and civilians are being held by Hamas militants. Israeli Defense minister Gallant said in a video that Israel has faced “ a very very hard 24 hours”.
250 bodies were retrieved from a music festival by the Israeli rescue service after Hamas struck the festival in the missile attacks launched against Israel on Saturday, according to media reports.
“Hamas went for civilians..they went for grandmother’s and babies,” said the Israeli Defense minister Yoav Gallant. “This is our 911.”
” We are putting a complete siege on Gaza..no electricity, no food, no water, no gas…it’s all closed,” said Gallant in an order against Gaza on Monday. Israel is working towards rescuing the hostages held by the militant group classified as ‘ terrorists’ and backed by Iran.
The Gaza strip is completely reliant on Israel for essential supplies including power. The over 2 million inhabitants of the populated strip, are already impoverished from an Israeli blockade. Following the order from the defense minister, the situation at the Gaza strip is likely to worsen in the coming days.
Media reports indicate that the European Union has also suspended all aid payments to Palestine. This comes after Germany announced a halt to bilateral aid after the attack.
Earlier on, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel was ‘at war’ and launched retaliatory attacks against the terrorist group in Gaza. Israel has since been bombarding the Gaza strip following the incursion by Hamas militants.
Edited by Judy J. Rotich and Newsdesk Manager
“What’s the latest with Florida Man?”
Get news, handpicked just for you, in your box.