US Condemns Ma’ale Adumim Terror Attack, Calls For End To West Bank Violence
The United States on Tuesday released a statement condemning the terrorist attack in Ma’ale Adumim, 4.3 miles east of Jerusalem in Judea, earlier in the day.
“We unequivocally condemn today’s terrorist attack in Ma’ale Adumim that resulted in injuries to at least five individuals. We are deeply concerned by the rising levels of violence in the West Bank in recent months and condemn all acts of violence,” said the State Department’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs in a post to the X social media platform, formerly known as Twitter.
The terrorist, a 20-year-old Palestinian from Al-Eizariya (also known as Bethany) opened fire with a handgun outside the main shopping mall in the city.
A Border Police officer on his day off shot and killed the terrorist, who was also armed with a knife.
Hospitals on Wednesday updated the status of the six people wounded in the attack. A man around 40 years of age is in serious but stable condition at Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem. He underwent surgery on Tuesday evening and is currently sedated and ventilated in the intensive care unit. A second individual is in moderate but stable condition at the hospital, while a lightly wounded man was released from the medical center on Tuesday evening.
“Two of the victims, ages 28 and 14, are in moderate condition at Hadassah University Hospital-Mount Scopus in Jerusalem, where another victim, identified as Moshe Turgeman, age 37, is being treated for minor wounds,” said the Hospital.
“While the spate of unorganized terrorism has decreased for the time being, the incitement that nourished it, coupled with Hamas’s ability to avoid paying prices for the incitement, remains a significant problem, according to a senior expert on the Palestinian arena,” said the Jewish News Syndicate in a past report.
Produced in association with Jewish News Syndicate
Edited by Priscilla Jepchumba and Judy J. Rotich